Lemon Cookies Recipe
Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps suppress food cravings. It is great for overall immune health and helps flush toxins from the body by making the liver more efficient. Lemons are alkaline forming and will aid with weight loss.
- ²/₃ cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon (6 grams) freshly grated lemon zest (outer yellow skin of lemon) (about 1-2 large lemons)
- 14 tablespoons (200 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks (35 grams), at room temperature
- 2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour
- ¹/₄ teaspoon salt.
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰C. Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolk in mix with a spatula add lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add vanilla essence keep mixing then add wheat flour in salt.
- Knead your dough then cover with cling film in refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls. Put them in the baking try press with a folk to decorate the cookies.
- Bake until they are golden brown.