FISH STUFFED POTATO BALLS
There are many versions of fried or baked potato balls with a variety of fillings. Potato balls stuffed with fish make perfect for snacks, appetizers, or party trays.
Fish is well known for its health properties, especially due to its high content in healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids. According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, a leading physician and health expert, “Eating healthy fats such as animal-based omega-3 fats or the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) tends to reduce inflammation.”
New research from Europe now shows that eating fish helps reduce depression.
FISH STUFFED POTATO BALLS RECIPE
This was just so fun to make. It came out perfect and it tasted amazing.
⤿Leftover cold mashed potatoes.
⤿Fish (or whatever filling you have on hand)
⤿Whatever cooked veggies you may have.
⤿salt and pepper
⤿1 egg beaten with a tablespoon of water or milk.
- Season the potato with salt, pepper and add some garlic paste or powder, mix thoroughly. You may also add some spring onions or coriander or both.
- In a separate bowl mix the filling ingredients with veggies if using and ensure it is well seasoned.
- Take handfuls of the potato and flatten into a round shape...take the filling and put in in the middle then cover with the potato while forming sausage shapes.
- Dip the sausages in the egg mixture then coat with breadcrumbs, shallow fry till golden brown or bake.
- Serve with a salad and sauce of your choice.