Natural home remedies for Menstrual Cramps and Irregular menstrual periods
Production of hormones in the woman’s body like estrogen and progesterone starts development of her body. Menstruation is a usual and natural process and women experience many problems before and during menstruation period such as excessive blood flow, abdominal cramps, sudden stoppage of blooding, development of clots, delay in menstrual periods etc.
Spices and Kitchen remedies for menstrual pain and other associated problems like blood flow, uneven or irregular menstrual periods etc…
1. Hot water plays great role in pain relief, so take hot shower and concentrate the water flow on your back and abdomen area for few minutes. Do this twice a day. Put hot water bag on back and abdomen portion, it will help to reduce menstrual discomfort.
2. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Dehydration can cause the body to produce a specific hormone called vasopressin which may be cause to cramps.
2. Lavender oil
Apply warm pure lavender oil around your stomach and massage very gently for 2-3 minutes. Lavender oil will reduce your cramps in just 15-20 minutes.
3. Dried apricots
Dried apricots are rich source of iron, which is very significant during menstruation because iron level in women can be exhausted with heavy bleeding.
So increase consumption of iron rich foods such as leafy greens, spinach, raisins, prunes, Beans, lentils, cereals, chick peas, Artichokes and soybeans liver, legumes, shellfish, and fortified breads and cereals etc.
4. Sesame seeds
Consumption of sesame seeds is also very useful home remedy for all menstrual problems. Consume 1 teaspoon of sesame seed powder with warm water twice daily or you can add this powder to your regular tea or juice. Sesame seeds help in menstrual delay and it reduces the pain during menstrual period.
Basil leaves can relieve pain during menstruation as it contains some properties, which has an analgesic/ pain killing effect. Chew fresh basil leaves throughout the day or add 5-6 basil leaves in your regular tea or ginger tea. Drink this tea three times a day.
Crush handful of fresh basil leaves to extract the juice from it. Add two tablespoon of the juice and 1 teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water. Drink this three times a day to reduce pain.
Ginger is an excellent pain reliever, and some crucial properties of ginger makes irregular periods regular.
1. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger juice in 1 tablespoon of honey and consume it twice a day. Also add ginger in your regular diet.
2. Consume 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger paste 30 minutes before lunch & dinner and also 5 minutes after lunch & dinner.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger paste or juice to your regular tea or other fruit juices. Ginger tea is most helpful form to reduce menstrual pain, Drink ginger tea three times a day.
1. Add one tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon of honey to glass of warm water. Drink this mixture 2-3 times during the first day of your menstrual period to reduce pain.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with any fruit juice (1 glass), also add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in it. Consume this mixture every day for 30-45 days. Cinnamon is very beneficial for regular menstrual cycle.3. Cinnamon has anti inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that reduce cramps. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in boiling tea and drink twice a day or sprinkle cinnamon on salad, toasts etc.
4. Drink cinnamon tea the day before menstruation begins or during the periods to ease the blood flow and pain.
Parsley contains natural compounds such as apiol and myristicin, these compounds are very effective at stimulating the smooth menstrual process and reducing menstrualcramps. Additionally, it helps regulate irregular menstrual cycles.
1. Take one cup of fresh parsley and wash it. Boil it in 2 cup of water for 6-7 minutes, also add half teaspoon of black pepper powder to this boiling water. Strain the water and drink it immediately. You can also add honey or lemon juice to improve the taste. Follow this twice a day during your periods to reduce abdominal pain.
Fennel is also known spice which can be use for cramp cure; Fennel improves circulation to the ovaries. Crush one tablespoon of fennel seeds to make powder of it. Boil this powder in a cup of water for 3-5 minutes, keep aside to soak for 5 minutes, strain the water and add 1 tablespoon honey to it, and drink this warm water.