Home Remedies to Reduce Menstrual Pain - Foods that Reduce Menstrual Cramps
Best Foods for Reducing Menstrual Cramps
There are few effortless things you can do to help make that time of the month more comfortable and less painful. The best way is to prepare your body for menstrual periods by consumption of healthy, balanced diet. Try following period friendly foodstuff for making less painful time during your periods.
Ginger has been used traditionally throughout the ages for its anti-inflammatory properties, aromatic, spicy flavor and its health supporting properties. Ginger is as effective as mefenamic acid and ibuprofen in the relief of pain during menstrual period.
In traditional Indian, Asian and Chinese medicine, ginger has been extensively used as a menstrual for cramps. Now days, people in many countries use ginger as an anti-cramping medicine. Fresh ginger is relatively most effective form of ginger.
Ginger can be used to treat discomfort and painful menstrual periods as well as sickness associated with pregnancy. Consume some ginger or ginger drinks. Add 1 tablespoon of ginger in your regular tea, you can also add ginger in your regular diet, it help calm your stomach and ease your cramps during the periods.
2. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are also used as a sure shot easy home remedy for menstrual pain and other associated problems with menstrual cycle.
Sesame seeds are loaded with vitamin B6 and other nutrients which reduces cramps associate with menstruation. Additionally sesame seeds are superb source of plant based calcium and a big source of magnesium. It also contains certain healthy fatty acids which may help relax muscles and therefore reduces menstrual cramps. Sesame seeds are also recognized as superior source of zinc.
- Consume 1 tablespoon of sesame powder twice daily. Consumption of sesame seeds powder will help in menstrual delay and it reduces the pain during menstruation.
- Eat oatmeal in your breakfast regularly or during your menstrual periods. Oats are loaded with magnesium which is well known as anti cramping mineral. This food is one of the best sources of dietary zinc for the women who suffers from painful periods.
- Before consumption of oats, it is recommended to soak them for some hours. Raw oats, like other grains, contain phytic acid which ay block the fine absorption of zinc, calcium and magnesium in the bowels/intestines. soaking them allows enzymes to break down and neutralize the phytic acid and hence improves the nutritional value of oats.
Banana is rich food source of anti cramping nutrients such as vitamin B6 and it is one of the leading sources of potassium which helps decrease water retention. Bananas are also rich in vitamins B6 and other vitamins influence blood glucose level and help improve your mood. Banana regulates women bowel which is very important as many women suffer with diarrhea during their menstrual period.
- Drink pineapple juice twice a day, also add 1 tablespoon of honey in it. You can also add pineapple in your regular fruit salad.
- Consumption of pineapple before and during menstrual periods can help relax our body muscles, especially abdominal muscles and it reduces the painful menstrual cramp. Pineapple contains an enzyme called Bromelain, which help calm abdominal muscles.