How to Remove Suntan Naturally: Most Effective Home Remedies!
|Remove Suntan Naturally with |
Effective Home Tips
Suntan is one of the major skin problems during the summer season. Due to sun exposure, melanin content in the skin increases and makes the skin tone darker. Even after applying sunscreen and using an umbrella for protection against harmful UV rays, one cannot escape tanning.
Do you know that there are many home remedies that you can make use of to get rid of skin tanning? Though the remedies are surely effective but remember, it may take at least a week of treatment to obtain noticeable results and to get your natural skin tone back.
In this post, learn about some useful age-old herbal remedies to treat suntan and enjoy summers with a beautifully glowing fair skin.
Beneficial Home Remedies for Suntan
- Soak a pinch of saffron in milk cream overnight and blend it in the same next morning. Massage the skin with this mixture for a flawless skin. It is one of the beneficial remedies for suntan too.
- Take a tablespoon of curd and mix with it a teaspoon of tomato juice. Rub this mixture over the exposed skin and leave it for 20 minutes for treating suntan.
- Massage the tanned skin with mashed papaya pulp and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Take equal amounts of fuller’s earth and sandalwood powder. Add rose water to the same to make it into a paste. Apply over face and neck as face pack and wash off after 15 minutes for best results.
- Another effective remedy is to prepare a paste by mixing gram flour in butter milk and apply over the affected area. Scrub it off after 20 minutes with water.
- Application of a mixture of equal proportions of cucumber and lemon juice is also useful in getting rid of suntan. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off with water.
- To cure suntan, grind a raw potato and collect its juice. Apply the same over the exposed area of the skin and leave for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with water.
- Application of aloe vera gel also gives relief to sun tanned skin but take precautions of not going out in the sun just after the treatment.
- Take a tablespoon of dried orange peel powder and mix a pinch of turmeric powder to the same. Prepare a paste by adding some rose water and apply over the sun exposed parts. This remedy is known to be very effective in getting rid of a tan as well as making the skin supple and soft.
- Application of a mixture of honey and lemon juice over affected area has proved to be another useful anti-tan pack.
- Prepare a paste of oatmeal in buttermilk and apply over the tanned skin for 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
Note: One should avoid going out in the sun between 11 am to 4 pm. Use of sunscreen (at least up to 30 SPF) is a must before going out.