NATURAL HOME REMEDIES TO LIGHTEN DARK LIPS
There are many factors that cause dry and dark lips such as allergies, smoking, excessive caffeine intake, sun exposure, hormonal imbalances and low quality cosmetics. But, there are many natural ways to lighten dark lips. Here are some natural home remedies for pink and soft lips.
Lemon juice works as a natural skin cleanser; it removes the dirt and dead skin cells. Lemon contains skin lightening and bleaching properties such as Vitamin C and citric acid.
1. Gently rub/massage fresh lemon juice to lips daily for 5 minutes to make it bright and glowing. Do this before going to bed and leave it overnight, wash it off in the morning.
2. Take fresh thin slice of lemon and sprinkle a bit of sugar on inner part of lemon. Gently rub it your lips for 5-10 minutes to exfoliate the skin of lips. This remedy will remove dead skin cells and lightens the lip skin by removing dirt and increasing blood circulation in the lips.
3. Exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush and then apply mixture of fresh lemon juice (½ teaspoon), honey (½ teaspoon) and glycerin (2-3 drops) to lighten dark lips naturally. Do this daily before going to bed. Leave the mixture overnight and wash off in the morning.
Potato contains a natural enzyme called catecholase which helps to lighten the dark skin of face and lips.
1. Take thin potato slice and rub/massage it on your lips for 5-10 minutes every day to lighten your dark.
2. Extract 1 tablespoon of potato juice from raw potato by crushing and blending it. Apply this juice over the lips before going to sleep and leave it for overnight. Rinse it off in the morning.
3. Prepare 1 teaspoon smooth paste of raw potato; add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of honey in it. Mix them properly and gently massage your lips for 5-20 minutes and apply reaming paste on the lips, then wash it off after 30-45 minutes. Do this twice a day.
Beetroot has natural bleaching properties which removes the darkness from the skin of the lips and makes them pink and bright.
1. Take 1 tablespoon of fresh beetroot juice and rub on your lips for 5-10 minutes, then apply reaming juice on the lips and leave it for overnight, rinse off in the morning. Do this every day before going to bed.
2. Mix ½ teaspoon of beetroot juice with ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and apply this mixture on the lips before going to bed, wash it in the next morning. Follow this remedy twice a day.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice with 1 teaspoon of carrot juice, gently massage your lips with this mixture and leave it for overnight. Do this twice a day.
4. Olive oil
Olive oil contains vitamin E and A, it also contains very rare and strong antioxidants called hydroxytyrosol, which prevents radical damage on skin cells, that’s why olive oil is very beneficial in anti aging and anti wrinkles treatment. It has anti-inflammatory properties and works as natural skin moisturizer.
1. Apply olive oil on the lips and gently massage for 5-10 minutes daily before going to sleep to lighten the darkness of the lips.
2. Mix 5-8 drops of extra virgin olive oil with half teaspoon of sugar and gently scrub/massage your lips for 5 minutes with this mixture. Do this 3-4 times a week. Lip scrubbing restores the natural shade of the lips and removes darkness of the lips by exfoliating them within few weeks.
3. You can also use mustard oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil and cocoa butter for glowing lips. Simply apply the oil every day before going to sleep. But the olive oil is the best among the others, as it does not have any side effects.
5. Almond oil
For soft and pink lips, simply use almond oil. It nourishes the lips, makes them smooth and soft. It cures chapped lips and gives you pink lips naturally by improving complexion and retaining skin glow.
1. Mix 5 drops of castor oil with 6-7 drops of almond oil and gently massages your lips with this mixture for 5-10 minutes. Do this twice a day before going to sleep.
2. Mix 6-7 drops of almond oil with half teaspoon of honey and apply the mixture on your lips for 1 hour, follow this once or twice a day. This mixture will give you soft and pink lips within few weeks.
3. Mix 3-4 drops of coconut oil and 5-6 drops of almond oil. Apply a layer of this mixture on the lips before going to sleep and leave it on overnight. Repeat this daily.
4. Massage your lips for 5-10 minutes with almond oil for lightening dark lips, do this once or twice a day. For best and quick result do this before going to sleep.
5. Soak 2-3 almonds in half cup of milk overnight. In the morning crush the almond and make smooth paste of it by using few drops of milk. Rub/massage with the paste for 5 minutes and leave it for 30-40 minutes or overnight.
6. Add 7-8 drops of almond oil in half teaspoon of granulated sugar and half teaspoon of honey. Scrub your lips with this mixture once a day to exfoliate the lips, lightening them and proper blood circulation.