HOME REMEDIES FOR MENOPAUSE, HOT FLUSHES, NIGHT SWEATS
Menopause or cessation is a natural and compulsory transition in women that occurs at the age of 45-55 years, it is a normal experience and not a disease. But in some cases premature Menopause has been noticed in women below the age of 40. The premature menopause is more possible in women who have never been pregnant, smoke too much, or live in high altitude regions. It indicates the ending of the female reproductive period of life, which begins at teenage years. In this transition the menstrual cycle (periods) ends and sex hormone levels decrease.
Symptoms Menopause or cessation
Women experience a many symptoms, since hormonal imbalances are associated with menopause. Some women experience very little or not at all by following symptoms -
Low sex drive
Salt and fluid retention
Urinary tract infections
Increase in body fats, weight gain
Home remedies for menopause, hot flashes, night sweats
Following natural home remedies for Menopause focuses on strengthening and rejuvenation of women’s reproductive system. These home remedies can regulate the hormones, boost immunity, reduce mental stress and maintain proper digestion in body.
1. Black cohosh
Black cohosh can control night sweats and hot flashes, by reducing blood levels of luteinizing hormone (LH), which expands blood vessels and drive heat to the skin. Black cohosh has also been used to lower blood pressure, alleviate arthritis pain, regular menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, sore throat, and indigestion, muscle pain, and cough and to stimulate labor. Use cohosh for the short-term, less than 6 months for menopause symptoms, hot flashes etc.
Black cohosh can control the menopause symptoms, such as:
Mood changes etc.
1. Take 5-8 milligram of black cohosh in tincture form 2-4 times a day. To make it more edible, add the black cohosh tincture to glass of fruit juice.
2. Women suffering from menopausal symptoms should consume 20-40 milligram tablets of a standardized black cohosh extract for menopause relief every day with water or fruit juice. For best effect, take it at the same time every day.
For maximum benefit and relief in menopause period, take black cohosh for 5 weeks regularly, then stop consumption for 2-3 weeks, then again start consumption of it. Repeat this cycle again.
Caution - More than 700 milligrams a day of black cohosh is considered an overdose. Never consume black cohosh for more than 6 months at a time to avoid side effects.
Sage leaves and tablets have traditionally been used for the relief of menopause symptoms and hot flushes. Around 60-80 percent women suffer from night sweats in menopause. Night sweat is one of the most upsetting symptoms of menopause because not only it disturbs women’s sleep, but also causes stress, fatigue, mood changes and irritability. Consumption of sage reduces tension, prevents night sweating and provides estrogen. Sage/salvia has many therapeutic properties, such as anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial etc.
1. Consume 1 tablet daily on same time with glass of fresh fruit juice.
2. To get relief from night sweats, add 5-10 drops of sage tincture in cup of fruit juice or water or warm tea, mix well and consume it. Repeat this 2-3 rimes a day.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera activates estrogen in the body, which is very crucial in menopause. It prevents night sweats, hot flushes, and vaginal dryness and also helps proper digestion in menopause.
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe Vera gel/juice in glass of lemon juice or any other fruit juice. Do this twice a day for several weeks.
2. Mix fresh aloe Vera juice.gel with 1 teaspoon of ginger paste and 1 tablespoon of honey, mix well and consume this mixture twice a day after heavy meals.
Licorice has phytoestrogens, which gives estrogenic effects in menopause by correcting the hormonal imbalances Consume licorice during menopause period to treat menopausal symptoms. A plant such as alfalfa, black cohosh, cabbage and red clover also contains phytoestrogens. Regular consumption of these plants reduces hot flashes, night sweats during menopause.
Beetroot is one of the best super foods that alleviate menopause symptoms. Beetroot contains Vitamin C, folate and compound called Boron, which reduces the deficiencies of Vitamin D and magnesium, and this prevents secretion of vitamins and minerals from urine and this is very crucial for post menopause.
1. Drink glass of beetroot juice every day, add 1 tablespoon of hone in it to improve taste.
2. Add beetroot in your regular diet in any form raw, boiled or cooked. Use it in sandwiches, salads, chutney etc.
6. Menopause diet
1. Increase the consumption of cabbage, pumpkin, apples, licorice, garlic, whole grains, legumes etc.
2. Avoid excessive and unnecessary intake of salt, sour foods, chilies, pickles, refined sugar and spices.
3. Eat a food that provides estrogen; oats, flax seed oil, alfalfa, Peas, Olives & Olive oil, soya beans, papaya, broad beans, sunflower seeds and celery.
4. Increase the consumption of vegetables rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids, as these properties may help relieve night sweats and hot flashes during menopause. These vegetables are broccoli, parsley, beet greens, berries, peppers, salad greens, melons, citrus fruits and apricots.
5. Avoid tea, coffee and other stimulants. Also avoid alcohol, cold drinks, soda etc.
6. Avoid eating junk food, fast food, very spicy, fried and oily food.
7. Add fennel seeds and cumin seeds in the diet, juices.
8. Do meditation, yoga, or brisk walking every day.