25 AMAZING AND USEFUL WATER FACTS
1. Approximately 70% of an adult’s body is made up of water.
2. Drinking too much water too quickly at the time can cause water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water reduces the level of sodium in the bloodstream and it causes an imbalance and unevenness of water in the brain. Water intoxication is mostly occurs during periods of intense athletic performance and heavy physical activity.
3. Drinking enough water daily reduces heart disease, cancer and kidney disorder. Water helps flush toxins and impurities out of our body, this reduces the risk of colon cancer, breast cancerand bladder disorder. So drink glass of warm water every day in the morning on an empty stomach to flush out the dangerous toxins from the body.
4. It is healthy to drink one glass of water with meals, because it supports the process of easy digestion and prevents constipation.
5. At birth, water occupies approximately 80% of an infant’s body weight.
6. The average human being could live nearly a month without food, but could only survive about 7-10 days without water.
7. Water supports the body system to metabolize fats more efficiently, this helps burn calories faster.
8. Water naturally moisturizes our skin and ensures appropriate cellular formation under the layers of skin, which gives healthy, glowing and soft skin.
9. Depression, tiredness and fatigue can often be sign of dehydration.
10. Adequate amount of water level in the body prevents dehydration; proper hydration prevents arthritis and back pain. Proper water level leads to less friction in our joints, therefore less possibility of developing arthritis and muscle pain.
11. Water can prevent and reduce headaches.
12. It is very significant for pregnant women to drink pure water, as contaminated water can cause severe birth defects.
13. When we feel thirsty, our body has lost more than 1% its total water.
15. Stimulating drinks such as coffee and tea, almost made up of water, these stimulating drinks contain caffeine, which is known as a mild diuretic, and they prevents water from moving to necessary location in our body.
16. Adequate water intake prevents the skin from saggy and gives glow to skin.
17. About 80% of our brain tissue is made of water, the same proportion of water found in a living tree.
19. A normal and healthy person can drink about 3 gallons (48-50 cups) of water per day.
20. The thirst reaction only appears when our body is already dehydrated.
21. Proper hydration reduces cavities and tooth decay. Water supports the production of saliva, which can keep our mouth and teeth clean.
22. The average quantity of water we need per day is about 3 liters (13-15 cups) for men and 2.2 liters (9-10 cups) for women.
23. Infants and children dehydrate more rapidly than adults do
24. A 5% reduction of water levels in our body can cause 15-20% decrease in psychological and physical performance.
25. Water can increase the energy levels in the body; the most common reason of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.