16 BEST NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR MOUTH ULCERS/ CANKER SORE - PART 2
6. Salt water
Add 1 teaspoon of salt into glass of cold water (you can add few ice cubes in this water, mix well and use this water as mouthwash. Swish salt water around your mouth for 20-30 seconds, Gargle (for gargle use warm water) and spit out. Salt water is very beneficial in infection and sore healing.
1. Boil 1 cup of fenugreek leaves in glass of water for 5-10 minutes. Strain the mixture and Swish this water around your mouth for few seconds, gargle and spit out. Do this 2-3 times a day.
2. Soak 1-2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds overnight in glass of water. Strain this water and swish around your mouth for 3-4 minutes, Gargle and spit out. Repeat this 2-3 times a day.
8. Tea tree oil
1. Apply 4-5 drops of tea tree oil directly on the ulcer, it reduces redness around sores, inflammation and pain.
2. Make your own home made mouthwash easily by using tea tree oil. Add 10-12 drops of tea tree oil in 2 cups of warm water and swish this mixture for 20-30 seconds, then spit it out. This mouthwash reduces infections and heals the sores rapidly.
9. Cold & Warm water
Gargle with glass of cold or chilled water (add few ice cubes in the water) and a glass of warm water alternatively. This practice will heal the mouth ulcers efficiently.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has strong healing power, antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Aloe Vera juice or gel accelerates healing and lessens pain associated with mouth ulcer/ canker sores on the tongue, lips, inside cheeks and mouth.
1. Extract 1 -2 tablespoon of fresh pulp or juice from fresh aloe Vera leaf and apply it directly over the sores/canker sore, leave it for 30-45 minutes and then rinse off warm or normal water. Repeat this 2-3 times a day. You can add 1 teaspoon of honey in the aloe Vera juice or pulp.
2. Add 2 tablespoon of fresh aloe Vera juice or pulp in glass of warm water (also add 1 teaspoon of honey if available) and use this water as mouthwash. Rinse your mouth and swish this water around 20-30 seconds in your mouth. Do this 2-3 times a day.
11. Banana & Curd
Take ½ cup of curd, add 2 tablespoon of honey or 2 tablespoon of sugar in it, mix them well, and let the sugar dissolve totally in the curd. Smash fully ripe banana and add in the curd. Consume this in the morning for several days to get rid of sores.
12. Cranberry juice or mulberry juice
Drink cup of cranberry juice or mulberry juice twice a day to get rid of mouth ulcers. Also add 1 tablespoon of honey in it.
13. Indian Gooseberry
Take 1 teaspoon of Indian Gooseberry (amla) root bark powder and add 1 teaspoon of honey in it. Make a fine paste, and apply it directly on the sores. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off with warm or cold water. Do this 203 times a day for fast relief from mouth ulcers.
14. Peppermint oil
Apply 5-6 drops of peppermint oil directly on the sores. Peppermint oil gives relief from the irritation and sore pain.
15. Catechu & guava leaves
Chew 1 teaspoon of catechu (Kattha) with guava leaves for 4-5 minutes and then spit out, rinse your mouth with normal water.
Onion contains sulfur compounds, which reduces infection by killing bacteria and heals painful mouth ulcers.
1. Grate 1 or ½ onion and extract the juice from it. Take 1 tablespoon of fresh onion juice and add 1 teaspoon of honey in it, mix well and apply this mixture directly on the affected area, leave it for 30-45 minutes and rinse off with normal or warm water. Do this 2-3 times a day.
2. Add 2-3 tablespoon of fresh onion juice in glass of warm or cold/chilled water, also add 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Use this mixture as mouthwash. Rinse your mouth and swish this water around 20-30 seconds in your mouth. Do this 2-3 times a day.
3. Add onions in your regular diet especially add raw onion in your vegetable salad or eat onion chutney.
1. Use soft bristle brush to clean your teeth. Brush your teeth twice a day to avoid germ attack on the teeth and ulcers.
2. Drink 2-3 glass of fresh orange juice daily for supply of Vitamin C, because deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to canker sores/mouth ulcer. (Add 2-3 tablespoon of sugar or 2 tablespoon of honey in orange juice)
3. Avoid spicy and hot food like tomato & chicken soup, tea, coffee, fast food, white flour (maida), tomato sauce, chocolates etc.
4. Avoid smoking, tobacco and alcohol consumption.
5. Suck liquorices and swish juice of it in your mouth for few minutes.