BEST HOME REMEDIES FOR NASAL CONGESTION, SINUS, COLD, COUGH - STUFFY OR RUNNY NOSE - PART 2
Cinnamon contains high amount of antioxidant, cinnamon has strong antibacterial antiseptic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. therefore, this is a familiar and very useful spice that has been used as a natural home remedy to treat many respiratory problems such as nasal congestion, stuffy or runny nose, sore throat, flu etc.
Cinnamon is very effective in reducing headache due to sinus, nasal congestion, add cinnamon in your tea and see the fast effect.
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder, consume this mixture twice a day. Follow this 2-3 days regularly. This mixture gives fast relief from nasal congestion, cough, cold and sinus problem.
2. For reducing headache and stress, apply cinnamon paste on forehead. Crush 3-5 cinnamon and add few drops of water or coconut oil in it to make smooth paste of it.
Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon oil or powder or crushed cinnamon in the boiling water and inhale the steam for few minutes for get rid of nasal congestion, cough, cold and sinus problem.
Ginger has active element called Gingerol, which heals nasal congestion, cough, cold and sinus problem.
1. Crush few ginger roots and add them into your regular/green tea. The spicy aroma of ginger tea will quickly warm up our congested nasal passage and relieve in sinus symptoms.
2. Take 1 tablespoon fine paste of ginger and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey and consume this paste twice a day before or after heavy meals to treat sinus problem, nasal congestion, cough, and cold.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger paste in your regular/black/green tea for fast relief in nasal congestion, cough, cold and sinus.
Chew small piece of ginger every day for warm up your congested nasal passage.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains lots of antimicrobial properties to destroy bacteria which cause nasal congestion, cough, cold and sinus. Apple cider vinegar fights sinus infection rapidly.
1. Add 1-2 teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar in warm water and wash your nostrils/ sinus cavities.
2. Add 2-3 teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar in boiling water and inhale the steam for few minutes. This steam will quickly warm up our congested nasal passage and relieve in sinus symptoms.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of honey in warm cup of water and consume this mixture.
8. Chicken broth or soup
Hot home made chicken soup reduces chest and upper respiratory infections, cough and the symptoms of cold and flu. chicken soup breaks down nasal congestion and facilitate the flow of mucus emission. It also gives relief from sore throat and to loosen thick phlegm.
Just add garlic, ginger and black pepper in your regular chicken soup.
Eucalyptus contains strong antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, it is very famous traditional home remedy and it has been used for healing sinusitis, nasal congestion, cough, cold etc since a long time.
1. Add only 1/2 teaspoon dried Eucalyptus leaves or one torn up fresh Eucalyptus leaf in your regular or herbal tea, Drink this warm tea twice a day. Do not consume more Eucalyptus tea or leaves, ½ 1/2 teaspoon dried Eucalyptus leaves or one torn up fresh Eucalyptus leaf is recommended.
2. Add 1-2 teaspoon of Eucalyptus oil in boiling water and inhale the steam for few minutes. This steam will quickly warm up our congested nasal passage and relieve in sinus symptoms.
3. Put 2-3 eucalyptus essential oil drops on your handkerchief and inhale the aroma regularly.
10. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil acts as an expectorant and anti-inflammatory compound in nasal congestion, cough, cold and sinus. You can drink tea or....
1. Add 2-3 Peppermint oil drops in boiling water and inhale steam for few minutes to expel mucus from nasal passages.
2. Apply 2-3 drops of peppermint oil over the forehead for reducing headache and stress .
BACK TO PART 1