BEST HOME REMEDIES FOR NASAL CONGESTION, SINUS, COLD, COUGH - STUFFY OR RUNNY NOSE - PART 1
Nasal congestion is generally known as ‘blocked nose’ or ‘stuffy nose’. Nasal congestion occurs when there is swelling on the nasal hole, and its leading to build up of mucus, and this situation makes difficult to breathe easily. Nasal congestion can be occur during beginning of pregnancy and hormonal changes.
Nasal congestion can be marked as –
1. Sinus pain due to infections
2. Stuffy or runny nose
3. Mucus buildup
4. Swollen/inflamed nasal tissues
Reasons behind nasal congestion/ stuffy or runny nose/ Sinus -
1. Common Cold
2. Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip
3. Sinus Infection
4. Whooping Cough
5. Nasal Polyps
6. Other Viral infections
8. Environmental Irritants
9. Swine flue
12. Food allergies
13. chemical exposures
Infants and ChildrenNasal congestion/ stuffy or runny nose can be more frightening in kids and infants than in adults and older children. Nasal congestion can obstruct kid/infant feedings and can even lead to serious breathing problems. Some times it may also prevent normal speech and hearing growth in kids.
Best home remedies for nasal congestion, sinus, cold, cough - stuffy or runny nose
Some natural home remedies can help greatly when you are suffering from nasal congestion/ stuffy or runny nose. You can easily get rid of this common problem by using some ingredients which are available in our kitchen.
You can easily & quickly fix your nasal congestion with the help of garlic. Always use fresh garlic for alleviating annoying symptoms of nasal congestion/sinus.
1. Eat fresh garlic on the empty stomach or on half stomach, this will reduce the stuffiness, body pain, irritation and discomfort due to nasal congestion/ stuffy or runny nose.
2. Crush 2-3 fresh garlic and inhale the aroma, this trick makes your congested nostrils free.
2. Garlic, Lemon Tea
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 cups water
1 teaspoon mint/green tea or normal tea
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1-2 tablespoon honey instead of sugar
Boil mint/green or normal tea with crushed garlic in 2 cups of water and make tea. When tea is ready, add honey and lemon juice in it, never boil lemon juice and honey. Drink this hot mixture 2-3 time a day for fast result. This tea is very beneficial in common cold, cough and sinus.
3. Tomato & Garlic Soup
1 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Garlic paste of 4-5 garlic
Pinch of white or black salt
Pinch of turmeric
Powder of 2-3 black pepper
Make hot soup using all these ingredients and drink twice a day (1 bowl each time)
4. Carom Seeds / ajwain
Carom seeds/ajwain has strong aroma and essential oils such as thymol, which has therapeutic and cleaning qualities.
Carom seeds can work marvelleouly against cough, nasal congestion/sinus and influenza.
1. Chew 1-2 tablespoon of carom seeds/ajwain with or without fresh basil or betel leaves to get fast relieve from nasal congestion and sinus.
2. Heat 2-3 tablespoon of carom seeds/ajwain on pan for 5 minutes on slow flame, do not roast it too much. Keep this carom seeds/ajwain in your handkerchief or small piece of cloth. Tie this carom seeds/ajwain in the centre of piece of cloth or handkerchief. Deeply smell this carom seeds/ajwain from cloth regularly, you will see the magical results quickly. When the carom seeds/ajwain aroma goes in the respiration pipes, it starts fighting against the congesting materials in the nasal passage and ease the breathing by pushing them away.
NEXT PART 2