15 BEST HOME REMEDIES FOR FEVER. TREAT FEVER NATURALLY – FLU, MALARIA, TYPHOID, DENGUE.
Try following simple home remedies to treat fever quickly -
Clean your feet before using following remedy for better and fast result because It works best with clean feet.
1. Place few slices of raw onion on the bottom of each foot and wrap your feet in a warm cloth.
2. Put a few raw onion slices in your socks and wear them. The raw onion will draw the fever out. when the onion slices turns light brown it means fever is falling down. if this trick doesn't work try again the same 2nd it will surely work.
Boil some artichokes and cook them until soft. Then eat the bottom part of the artichokes leaves. It will bring down the body temperature.
3. Water and Juices
Drink as much water and juices as you can in order to restore fluid loss due to fever and it also removes the body toxins. Drink plenty of fluids and water, this is the most efficient home remedy for fever and it also brings down the body temperature.
1. Drink boiled water. Boil the water and drink when it comes to normal temperature.
2. Avoid consumption of solid food until the fever is gone. Drink water and fruit juices.
3. Drink herbal teas like ginger tea, basil/tulsi tea, peppermint tea, chamomile tea, yarrow tea, elderflower tea etc.
4. Add 6-8 fresh green basil/tulsi leaves in your regular boiling tea and drink it. Drink this tea 3-4 times a day for better result. Basil/tulsi tea will bring down the normal as well as high fever.
4. Mustard seeds
Boil 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds in ½ glass of water for 5 minutes and then drink this water and eat the seeds.
5. Olive oil and garlic
Garlic has antioxidants, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-carcinogenic, anti fungal and anti-coagulant properties. Garlic provides stimulation to our immune system. Garlic brings down the fever by promoting sweating and also helps to eliminate toxins from our body.
1. Crush 3-4 garlic cloves and make fine paste of it, then add 2 tablespoon of olive oil in it, mix them well. Boil this mixture for 3-4 minutes. Apply this warm mixture on the sole of each foot, and cover your sole with piece of plastic bag and wear socks on it. This is easy and tested home remedy for reducing the fever.
2. Massage/rub your forehead, temples, shoulder, back with this Olive oil. You can also use almond oil or few drops od essential lavender oil instead of olive oil.
1. For a high fever, soak 10 raisins in a cup of water and let them soak for 15 minutes, you can use warm water to soak the raisins fast. Then crush the raisins in same water, let the raisin juice and pulp come out and mix in the water. Now strain the mixture properly and add 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice to it. Drink this mixture 2-3 times a day.
7. Cardamom, cinnamon and ginger
1. Add 2 crushed cardamoms, 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger paste and pinch of cinnamon powder while preparing your regular or herbal tea. Drink this teas 2-3 time a day. This spicy tea is highly effective in bringing down the body temperature.
2. Make 1 tablespoon fine paste or juice of ginger and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Consume this mixture after every 2 hours.
8. Lemon slices
Tale 4-6 thin slices of lemon and place them on the bottom of your feet and wear wet cotton socks to cover the feet, also wear another pair of dry socks or woolen socks to cover these wet socks. It will bring down the high fever.
9. Egg Whites
Soak cloths or handkerchiefs in egg whites obtained from 2-3 eggs and put on thees cloth on soles of the feet. Cover your feet with pair of socks. Replace the cloth and socks when they dry out. Fever will be definitely fall down within 30-60 minutes. The egg white will immediately bring down the body temperature from the brain (where fever is dangerous) to the feet (where fever is not so dangerous).
If you can not use egg white, then you can use onion slices or potato slices with apple cider vinegar or white vinegar. This remedy is miraculous and very effective in treating fevers and burns.
10. Fenugreek seeds/methi seeds
Take 2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) and roast them on pan till it becomes brown. Now make powder of these roasted fenugreek seeds. Boil this powder in 2 cup of water for 7-8 minutes, then strain the water and add 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Drink this water to reduce body temperature quickly. You can do this twice a day.
11. Cold water
Soak feet in tub with cold water for few minutes, your fever will breakdown to normal.
12. Wet towel
Soak a towel in cold water and wrap this wet towel around your neck and head.
13. Parsley or red raspberry tea
Drink parsley or red raspberry tea it will bring down the fever to normal extent.
14. Coconut oil
Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in your breakfast or juice or soup, because coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
15. Orange juice
Orange juice is very beneficial in treating fever. Drink glass of orange juice after every 90 minutes to increases your urinary output, Orange juice also energizes you and increases resistance power against infections and viruses.
1. Do not give aspirin to infant and small kids in fever, instead of aspirin, give them cold bath and try to reduce the fever.
2. Take consistent sleep around 10pm to 6am, as between these hours our body fights disease effectively.
3. Massage your forehead, shoulders and back with Vicks vapor rub or any other balm for 5 minutes, you will feel better by massaging your muscle tissues. Try this.
4. Take rest as much as possible.