12 BEST NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR CONSTIPATION - PART 2
Fennel seed is a very excellent reliever in constipation in all age groups and is one of the most recommended home remedy for constipation in infant and kids. Fennel seeds are very beneficial in treating issues like constipation, indigestion, and bloating. Take one cup of fennel seeds and dry roast them.
1. Roast ½ or a cup of fennel seeds with ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder; roast them together on pan for 7-10 minutes. Store it in container or make powder by grinding. Consume 1 tablespoon of these roasted fennel seeds or powder with ½ glass of warm water after every heavy meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) or before going to bed. This will keep your bowel movement smooth.
Fennel tea is very useful in constipation, indigestion, acidity and irritable bowel syndrome. A fennel seed relaxes the digestive tract muscles in our body, fennel seeds encourages bowel movements and helps get relieve from the bloating associated with constipation.
2. Crush 1-2 tablespoon of raw or roasted fennel seeds or use powder of it, add it in your regular or herbal boiling tea or coffee, strain and consume. Do this 2-3 times a day for better result.
Garlic is rich source of potassium which is vital for proper and flexible contractions of muscles and intestines. Garlic plays very effective role in constipation by soothing, cleansing and reducing inflammation. Without appropriate contractions, the muscles become moderately paralyzed, and it causes constipation.
1. Crush 3 garlic cloves and consume with warm water in the morning on an empty stomach to get rid of constipation.
2. Crush 2-3 garlic cloves or make fine paste of it and add in glass of cold milk and consume 2-3 times a day and before going to bed at night.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic paste in your regular boiling tea or herbal tea, also add 1 tablespoon of honey to it.
4. Add ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder to 2-3 crushed garlic cloves or paste, also add pinch of rock salt or table salt in it. Consume 2-3 times a day.
5. Add garlic in your soup, salad and other regular food.
7. Asafetida (hing)
Asafetida (hing) is an outstanding laxative. Asafoetida (hing) has laxative, anti-inflammatory, antiepileptic, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, expectorant and anti-flatulent properties. Asafetida (hing) reduces digestive disorders, flatulence and prevents constipation in all age groups.
1. Add ½ teaspoon of asafetida (hing) in glass of cold butter milk reduces flatulence and it cleanses the digestive system effectively.
2. Add asafoetida (hing) in your daily cooking and food. Its helps in smooth and fast digestion of food and thus prevents and cures constipation.
Take ½ cup of fenugreek leaves and cook or boil with green/white onion, also add pinch of rock salt or table salt to improve the taste. Consume 2-3 times a day. This combination is very useful to alleviate the constipation.
9. Boiled Apple
Apple gives laxative effects. Apple contains properties like pectin which provides bulk to our stools and its cleansing action encourages bowel movements.
1. Cut big apple in 4 pieces and boil in 1 glass of water for 8 minutes on slow flame. Remove the water and make the fine paste of these apple pieces. Keep this apple paste in refrigerator. Consume this paste with adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil or 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or 1 teaspoon of almond oil in the morning on an empty stomach.
2. Or mix this apple paste in cup of curd, also add ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder in it and consume in morning on an empty stomach.
3. Eating fresh apple in the morning and evening will also gives relief from constipation.
10. Apple cider vinegar
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of honey, mix well and consume this mixture 3 times a day. This mixture makesyour bowels active and smooth again in no time. Try this.
2. Consume 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with glass of warm water 2-3 times a day to get rid of constipation.
11. Aloe Vera
1. Take 3 tablespoon of fresh aloe Vera juice or gel, add ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder, 1 tablespoon of honey and pinch of rock salt or table salt to it, and mix well. Consume this mixture in the morning on an empty stomach. This remedy is not for pregnant women.
2. Consume 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel or juice 2-3 times a day.
1. Eat pineapple on empty stomach; also sprinkle some black salt or table salt or ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder on it.
2. Drink glass of fresh pineapple juice 3 times a day; also add 1 tablespoon of honey or 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to it for fast relief.