Herbal Cures for Eczema!
|Cure Eczema with Herbs!|
Eczema also known as Atopic dermatitis, is an inflammatory disorder of the skin. It appears commonly on the face, neck, chest, hands, elbows and backs of the knees. This disorder may lead to exfoliation and reddening of the skin. In its severe form, the disease is characterized by severe dryness, itching, swelling, blistering, oozing of pus and bleeding of the affected skin.
|Eczema causes Itching, Dryness & |
Inflammation of the Skin!
The causes of eczema can be from external irritations, allergic reactions, exposure to chemicals or particular microorganisms, or diet, etc. Emotional stress, insomnia or lack of sleep, unbalanced diet, overexertion can worsen conditions of this ailment. There are a number of herbal treatments that can not only treat skin inflammation but also prevent further outbreaks. Find in this post, some of the time-tested remedies for the treatment of this skin disorder:
Herbal cures for Eczema
- To treat eczema, drink a glass of milk with ½ tsp turmeric powder daily.
- Mix linseed oil in lime water & apply over the affected areas.
- Boil some fresh neem & basil leaves in water. Cover the pan and steep for 10 minutes. To cure eczema, filter and add this water to your bath tub.
- Boil the bark of babul tree in water & foment the affected region with its fumes.
- To relieve eczema itch, prepare a saline solution. Soak a compress and apply on the infected areas.
- Take a tbsp of grounded oatmeal and make a paste in water. Before bath, rub the paste over the inflamed area and wash off after some time. This treatment would ease inflammation of the skin.
- Make a paste by rubbing nutmeg against a stone in water. Apply this paste carefully to the afflicted areas of the skin.
- Pound a few garlic cloves and make its paste with some salt and olive oil. Apply the same twice daily to cure eczema.
- Mix equal amounts of sandalwood powder, fuller’s earth and ½ tsp turmeric rhizome powder. Make a paste in water and apply over the infected area.
- Mix a tbsp of powdered neem leaves and ½ tsp turmeric rhizome powder. Make a paste and apply it over affected areas twice daily.
- Heat about 2 tbsp coconut oil & add 2 crushed garlic cloves. Filter and apply the oil over the affected area.
|Eat a Nutritious Diet including |
Plenty of Fresh fruits & Vegetables!
Person suffering from eczema should eat a balanced diet rich in green vegetables & fruits. Include foods rich in essential omega fatty acids, zinc, vitamin A, B complex, C and E. Avoid eating spicy & fried food, chutneys, pickles, vinegar, curd, etc. Cut down on salt intake in diet. Drink lots of water daily.
Maintaining body hygiene is essential. Try wearing cotton instead of woolen or synthetic clothes. Use a soothing moisturizer or cream after bath. A sunbath is a natural medicine for people suffering from eczema. Follow any form of exercise daily and learn to build up a positive attitude towards life.